EXPECTATIONS FROM US
What can you and your child expect from Invercargill Middle School?
A Welcoming Environment
We want to provide a positive school culture where students enjoy coming to school and parents love being a part of the school community.
We want everyone who walks through the gate to feel welcomed and we want to be known as a school with high expectations in education and behaviour.
High Quality Teaching Programmes
We work hard to provide high-quality teaching programmes that meet individual learning needs as much as possible.
A Safe Environment
We have focused on developing a school culture that makes everyone feel valued and included.
Taking responsibility for behaviour, learning and belongings is another key component that all children are aware of.
Expectations from Parents
What do we expect from parents/caregivers ?
- To have children at school every day and on time (except for sickness)
- To have children ready for learning, with lunch, the correct uniform and all the equipment they will need.
- To be involved in their child’s education by reading each night, expecting homework to be completed and talking with the teacher about the child’s progress.
- To be a part of any word exercises and/or basic facts programmes that we might send home to help reinforce learning at school
- To help children take responsibility for all school gear that comes home, ensuring it is returned or taken responsibility for.
- To celebrate children’s success.